All home buyers and sellers require the guidance and expertise of a real estate agent in Colorado Springs. Undeniably, the housing market can be quite complex. Thus, you need an expert to help navigate the process of home buying and selling.
However, a lot of buyers and sellers, think twice about the decision to hire one because of some myths. In some cases, these myths limit the ability to maximize the full potential of a hired real estate agent for their services.
Top 5 Myths About Real Estate Agents
Common myths about real estate agents. (Image Source: Pexels)
Below are the common myths about real estate agents and the actual truth behind them:
- Real estate agents get all the commission. This myth could not be farther from the truth because agents only pocket a small percentage of the commission. The total amount is divided between the two brokers: seller’s party and the buyer’s party. From there, it is split further down to provide a commission to the real estate agents on either side of the party.
- You cannot replace a real estate agent once you started working with them. This is another myth that should be dispelled. You have the freedom to get out of your contract if you feel that the real estate agent you initially chose is not a good fit. You can find someone else who has the right experience and expertise that you require when you deem fit.
- You can simply use the same agent as the home seller. This is not a good idea, no matter how you might think it is practical. You need to consider that the real estate agent you work with should only have your best interest in mind. This is not possible if the agent is also working for the seller as it creates a conflict of interest.
- You cannot buy a home sold directly by an owner. You can still work with an agent to help navigate the buying process. In this case, it is often the seller who pays the agent in the end.
- All real estate agents are the same. This myth is probably the biggest misconception about real estate agents. You must choose an agent who is experienced with the local housing market. Their familiarity with the Colorado Springs housing market will enable you to make the right investment and choice.
Looking for Top Real Estate Agent in Colorado Springs?
Top real estate agents myths debunked. (Image Source: Pexels)
Debunking these myths about working with real estate agents helps you understand the important role that they play. Moreover, it will enable you to choose the right agent that will be a good fit for your needs.
At Remax realtor Colorado Springs, we take great pride in the expertise of our real estate agents like Brian Boals. You can use the services of our expert real estate agent in Colorado Springs to find your dream home or to sell your property.
You can also use our expertise to learn about the best neighborhoods to buy properties. Indeed, we are your one-stop destination for real estate in Colorado Springs! We are excited to put our years of experience to help you out. Feel free to contact us to know how we can help!